Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions supersede all other programme representations and may be revised by GirlGuiding NZ at any time without notice. By purchasing access to the GirlGuiding NZ Explore programme you and your daughter/charge are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Refer to the privacy statement for how we collect and use your personal information.
Automatic Subscription Renewal
To offer you a seamless subscription process, the credit card details provided will be charged every 91st day to renew your 90 day Explore Pippin subscription. If you decide to leave Explore Pippins, you can opt out using the Profile section of the site.
You accept responsibility for supervising your daughter/charge while she engages with the Explore programme, both digitally and off-line, and indemnify GirlGuiding NZ from all associated risks or outcomes.
The activities and materials contained in this website are designed for use by girls of a specific age group with enough challenge for them to feel a sense of accomplishment. Some activities may require adult help in addition to supervision. These activities are labelled with this symbol:
Adult help required
Girls must be able to provide a New Zealand postal address to receive badges earnt and resource packs to supplement the programme.
Permission is granted for one girl only to access programme materials for the subscription duration. This is the grant of a licence, not a transfer or title, and under this licence you may not:
• Share your website login credentials;
• Distribute the materials;
• Modify or copy the materials;
• Use the materials for any commercial purpose;
• Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained;
• Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
• Transfer the materials to another person or ‘mirror’ the materials on any other server.
This licence is subject to immediate termination if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by GirlGuiding NZ at any time.
The materials contained in this programme remain the intellectual property of GirlGuiding NZ.
Code of Conduct
You and your daughter/charge agree to contribute to a safe and positive physical and emotional Guiding environment, both in-person and online.
Non-renewal of a subscription
If you choose not to renew your subscription, your access to the platform will cease and your account will be deactivated. You will have a period of 24 months to re-join and reactivate the account with your daughter/charge’s previous progress toward badges.
As part of certain subscriptions a set of activity supplies and any badges earnt in a previous subscription will be posted to the nominated delivery address. The nominated address is the one provided on the registration form unless you update your details through your account on the Parent Portal in Online Guide Manager.
You accept responsibility for nominating the correct address for delivery and any cost for re-delivery.
From time to time you may be invited by email to attend a GirlGuiding NZ event. These events are additional to the Explore programme and may incur additional costs. By accepting an event invitation:
• You agree to support your daughter/charge and pay the associated fee.
• You acknowledge that you will be liable for collection agency costs of invoices not paid as required.
• You give permission for your daughter/charge to be transported by a licenced driver in a warranted vehicle.
• You give permission for your daughter/charge to be taken for medical treatment if required and you acknowledge that you will cover any associated costs.
• You are aware of the common risks associated with the types of activities undertaken.
• You acknowledge that GirlGuiding NZ takes all reasonable steps to protect the health and safety of members involved in Guiding activities.
• You accept responsibility for checking your daughter/charge’s personal details on the Parent Portal, including medical and dietary information and confirm that all information here is accurate and current. Any omission or misleading information is your responsibility.
• You agree to update your daughter/charge’s personal details as any circumstances change and you understand that GirlGuiding NZ will notify myou by email if any changes are made to her record.
The GirlGuiding NZ Explore programme is an experience-based, self-directed, non-formal learning space to inspire girls to develop and act on shared values. This programme is not intended to be a substitute for regular physical activity, or a formal learning environment.
Enrolment in the GirlGuiding NZ Explore programme is not a guarantee of badge provision. Each badge is earnt by the completion of a set of activities. Each girl member chooses her own path through the provided activities and she is responsible for when and if any badges are earnt.
The materials on the website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. GirlGuiding NZ does not warrant or make any representations about the accuracy, likely results or reliability of the use of materials or on any sites linked to this site.
GirlGuiding NZ does not continually review the sites linked with this website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by GirlGuiding NZ of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.